Friday, February 19, 2010

the Revolving Studio

I’ve spent a great deal of time the last few days reorganizing my studio. Sure, it’s always a good thing for me to reorganize to achieve an orderly arrangement of things so I can review my inventory, see where things are, see what I’m running low on, etc.

BUT
that’s not the real reason I move my studio around so much (I tend to do this every 3-4 months).
I actually crave the change, need the change.
To me the state of my studio is a mental snapshot of where my creative mind is, how I perceive things. Moving my tables from one wall to another, switching the area of my computer desk from my working space changes how I work and in very good ways, forces me to try things differently.

I’ve a few finishing touches to assemble and then I think I’ll be set. I’ll put up a few pictures once I’ve gotten it just right.

No comments: