Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Talons of Muse

As any other artist can swear to, the Talons of the Muse are unrelenting.
Sometimes you feel as though you are on the precipice of
something new
something amazing
something completely different.
You feel the winds blowing from a different direction.
You look ahead and see a new course laid before you.

I am on that edge.


Last year when I went to Tucson, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
I had a list of things I wanted to seek out, and I must say that this year's list is
completely
utterly
undeniably
DIFFERENT.

I'm excited about the new directions I feel compelled to follow and anxious about how it will affect the Shop. I may end up opening a separate shop to keep these two lines separated, but only time will tell...

When your creative spirits are clenched in the talons of the Muse,
you can only relent
and
hope you bear the strength of her might graciously
and return whole once more.


No comments: