Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Satisfactorily Disatisfied

To be perfectly honest, I’m bored. I’m bored with life as I know it. Bored with the complacency that comfort affords and the lack of purpose or growth that I used to have when I was leading the university life. I’m a creature addicted to change – though I appreciate the calmness of steady everyday chores and of the 9-5, I am most comfortable when there is just a bit of turbulence in my path, a bit of chill to the air, the lingering suspicion that there is something soon to come – and that I may not like it when it gets here. Perhaps I’ve become just a smidge too satisfied with the way things are and it’s time to stir things up.

I want to fail at something – not to deflate my ego, but to remember what it feels like to try something new and learn that I have to learn it from the very first step all over again. To go through the frustrations of being an infant in the learning process, to find my way and to grow as I maneuver my way through the dark. I want to know the lows before I reach the highs of success, so that I may appreciate a journey that was not just handed to me, but that I earned through the sweat of my brow and the calluses on my hands. I want to be uncomfortable. I want to be more.

No comments: