Thursday, February 12, 2009

There and Back Again....

Arizona is amazing. I haven't been across the desert plains and through the rocky mountains in a few years and I had, quite simply, forgotten how beautiful the heaps of rocks and vast sandy plains speckled with cactus and brush could be. Even the rain clouds which hovered overhead and threatened rain only added to the beauty of the state.

I know I had promised some pictures, but sadly I forgot to charge my camera battery before I left, so I totally missed out on taking some amazing pictures for you all. BUT.. I do have some of the gorgeous gemstones and other things I picked up from Tucson.

Now, for those of you who may not be familiar with the annual gemshow in Tucson every year, it's not a single, huge show that goes on. No, no, it's actually more like *50* shows that go on all across the city. You just drive around and park where you like and visit the shows you want to see. It's literally tent after tent after tent filled to the gills with fellow jewelers, tool vendors, rock hounds, and heaps and heaps of gorgeous gemstones. During the three days I was there I only made it to about four shows and I could have easily stayed another week without scratching the glittering surface of it all.

But... here are some pictures of all the lovelies I got out there:


Hammer Love...

Cabachons ...
these little beauties are going to help me when I get back into my silversmithing shop!

Labradorite, labradorite, labradorite...
I've a huge love affair of this stone (obviously)!



Dramatic Garnet and beautiful bright Citrine and a hint of flashy Pink Quartz...

I can't wait to get some of these (and many many other goodies) into some new designs this weekend!

Oh! and I'll be visiting my dear little sister this weekend for her birthday. Should be a good time

Hope you all are having a fab week!

C.


6 comments:

Metalicious said...

I'm so jealous! Glad you had a great time!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous too! :)

Made By Tammy said...

I'm sooooo JEALOUS!!!

Yummy Findings!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Oh, that show sounds awesome. Love the pretties that you bought.

Little bug jewelry/Jane said...

I'm drooling, especially over the labradorite!

seababejewelry said...

OMG, that labradorite! Your blog is beautiful!